Try this simple posture "reality check" the next time you are standing in front of a full-length mirror:
- Are your knees and ankles straight (i.e., not angled inward or outward)?
- Are your shoulders and hips level?
- As you stand sideways, does your lower back have a natural curve in it?
- Do the spaces between your arms and sides seem equal?
- Is your chin level or parallel to the floor?
- Is your head straight?
Proper posture is one of the best preventive measures you can take to ensure a healthy spine. Good posture means maintaining your spine in a neutral position. This means standing or sitting so that your spine keeps its three natural curves—the small hollow at the base of the neck, a small roundness at the middle back, and a small hollow in the lower back. Read More....